China Shared Agency Requirements
Each foreign government sets the requirements for adoption for each individual child according to their age and special need.
Basic requirements for adopters are the same as for the standard process (China) However, most countries also have the following additional requirements for families desiring to adopt these children.
- The family is loving and caring, mentally qualified and prepared to nurture children of special needs.
- The family has experience and skill to care for children of special needs.
- The family has medical rehabilitation and nurturing plans specially worked out for the child that they are adopting.
- The family is in good economic position and their annual incomes are higher than the guidelines for general adoptive families. This is due to the expenses that might occur in caring for a child with medical issues.
- The family is committed to the adoptive relationship and providing medical care for the child. They are dedicated to giving the care and support that is needed by this child.
- Most families will have two-parents, although some countries do allow for a few singles to adopt “waiting children”.